Hi! I’m Jo Milmine.
In August 2012, I became the voice of the Shinybees Podcast, a podcast for those who like their knitting, yarn and comedy in equally large measures.
On really good days, I get to knit in the pub, with a real ale or a nice gin. Very occasionally, I’m a pantomime cat.
Need to know more? Here's five things you probably don't know about me...
- The name ‘Shinybees’ comes from my Scottish Granny. It was one of her nicknames for me as a child.
- I could fly a plane before I could drive a car.
- I’ve a weakness for South African merino and a well-documented love affair with self striping yarns.
- I always wanted to be on the Crystal Maze Christmas kids edition. Sadly, I never got to wear one of those funky shell suits, but I’m all over applying as an adult when they do the reboot.
- One day, I’m going to dye a range of yarns inspired by my favourite film: Zoolander.
About the Podcast
Imagine you’re at the pub, knitting and gin on the table and having a laugh with a bunch of knitty pals. That’s the promise of this podcast, which pinballs from serious social issues to dogs in comedy knitwear, the relative benefits of tinsel and eyelash yarn and everywhere in between.
Meet some of your favourite designers and dyers in the interviews, learn new tips and tricks to improve your knitting or enjoy the best funny patterns Ravelry has to offer in this weekly show.
News, reviews, funny stories and sharing of knitting scenes from around the world complete the show lineup.
- Worth a listen!by sockloverbev from Canada
Hahaha got a laugh about the yoga segment! Have felt that way myself Pleasant voice and always enjoy a listen.
- Wonderful Companyby DrElbyKnits from Australia
I came upon Jo’s podcast earlier this year, and have just finished listening to all the episodes... loved that I could join the journey along the way. I was made aware of so much that has inspired and enriched my knitting... I have many new patterns and skeins, people to follow and skills. Jo is good-natured company, can’t wait for more episodes!
- So Much Fun!by C-Note76 from United States
Despite being happily married (to a husband who knits!!), I find that I do have a good deal of alone time while knitting or spinning. Jo makes it like I have a hilarious friend who enjoys having a drink and a laugh with me while I'm playing with fiber. I wish I had known about this podcast sooner--I'm still working my way through catching up from the beginning, while also grabbing the newer episodes as they drop. I love every minute! As an American, I thoroughly enjoy learning about South Africa and areas of the UK. Keep up the fun, girl!
- Humerous and a joy to listen to!by Morgan_fae from United Kingdom
Jo’s amazing adventures and no nonsense sense of humour makes her really relatable and love the interviews with notable makers and dyers. Come back jo! We miss you!
- Refreshingby yellikeh from United States
Just returned to my love for knitting and this is the right amount of time and info to get me inspired for knitting. Easy to listen and learn about what new in the knitting world.